At the Orangeville Dental Centre, our dentists and hygienists offer x-rays, exams, teeth cleaning, and other preventive hygiene services to keep your oral health on the right track.
Professional Dental Cleanings
An appointment with your dental hygienists is an important step in your overall oral health. It includes:
At your first visit the Orangeville Dental Centre, your dentist will perform a comprehensive dental exam to determine the right treatment plan for you. At regular check-up exams, your dentist and hygienist will perform the following:
- Examination of diagnostic X-rays (radiographs) X-rays help to determine tooth and root positions as well as detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- Oral cancer screening Examination of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation Examination of the gums for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay Inspection of tooth surfaces for any tooth decay.
- Examination of existing restorations Inspection of current fillings and crowns for any signs of wear or damage.
Proper dental hygiene is important to prevent periodontal disease (gum and bone disease).